Posted on: July 20, 2021 | Safety Alerts
Manitoba Parks has advised that the Whiteshell area is still in a Level 3 fire ban.
One notable change is the closure of the first tunnel between Caddy Lake and South Cross Lake.
The following previously announced restrictions remain in place
- Backcountry travel is restricted. Several trails and water routes are closed in areas with extreme wildfire danger or those that have limited access points. See full list of park trail and water route closures here. Note this list is of designated/maintained park trails only – additional travel restrictions exist outside of these trails. See provincial restrictions here for full travel restriction details or contact the local Conservation and Climate office for more information.
- No backcountry camping permitted. Front-country campgrounds, beaches and picnic areas remain open.
- Landing and launching of watercraft restricted to developed shorelines only (docks and shoreline improvements made to safely secure aircraft and boats). No portaging or watercraft travel beyond front-country lakes.
- Remote cottage access under approved travel permit only issued at the discretion of the local Conservation Officer.
- Industry, lodges and outfitters should contact their local Conservation and Climate office for more information.
More information is available at the link below.