Posted on: January 21, 2019 | Membership
The WCA has the following plans for 2019
- Car raffle to raise awareness of WCA, raise funds to support Camp Quality (camp experience for kids affected by cancer), provide a scholarship for an Environmental Sciences student and to begin a program to eradicate purple loosestrife in the park.
Water Level Management
- Examine water quality issues resulting from low flow& low water level at Caddy and Betula Lake
- Continue to work with Manitoba Hydro to initiate publication of weekly forecast of water levels on lakes from Nutimik to Eleanor.
- Develop rationale for prioritization of expenditures for remedial works to improve water quality and recreational suitability.• Develop preliminary design of control weir modifications required for Betula, Caddy, White & Big Whiteshell and develop arguments (water quality and recreation) to justify prioritization of spending on modifications
- Conduct Betula Lake Cottager Survey to confirm desired water Level
Invasive Species Control
- Purchase beetles and begin program to eradicate purple loosestrife in the park
- Continue discussions with Sustainable Development regarding Service Road Maintenance
- Continue regular discussions with Parks and Minister of Sustainable Developments regarding cottage owner concerns
- Partner with the Parks on planning and prioritization of capital infrastructure renewal
- Re-address the marking of water hazards