Posted on: May 18, 2021 | Safety Alerts
Manitoba Parks provided the following update May 18 1:52 PM
- Conservation and Climate is taking a proactive measure with recent fire activity in the vicinity of the North Whiteshell Provincial Park Area.
- Cottagers are asked to have a bag ready in the event they are asked to evacuate.
- Cottagers will be notified by phone if they have to evacuate.
- PTH Hwy 307 is closed as you leave the park at the Seven Sister old gate, with the other closure at the first block road going into the park.
- Cottagers/Campers can call Rennie District Office at – 204-369-3153.
Manitoba Parks provided the following update May 18 12:39 PM
- No cottages are currently at risk
- RCMP will be closing HWY 307 due to the smoke & as a safety precaution
- Tim Horton’s camp will be evacuated as a safety precaution (minimal people there)
- Parks Staff will be going door to door at Otter Falls as a pro-active measure (not evacuating at this time – precautionary)
- Fire remains south of the Park but current wind conditions not favorable at moment
- Please stay out of the area
- Please respect trail barriers (stay off trails)
- No campfires
- No backcountry travel
(update on fire itself to follow- Parks staff setting up at Seven Sisters District office)