Posted on: May 14, 2021 | Safety Alerts
Manitoba Parks has provided the following updates this afternoon at 2:49 PM
- There was a flare up this afternoon, (additional heat from the sun) but crews got on it quickly both on ground & with aggressive bucketing by helicopter
- Water Bombers were called in and dropped 4-5 loads as a precaution & have since departed again.
- Skies becoming overcast will help
- Parks crews continue erecting Trail Head Barricades
- Toniata Cottagers can go to their cottage (road is open) but they will be stopped on way in. Parks DOES NOT want anyone else there.
- Small flare up 4 kms east of Brereton – extinguished – was small & dealt with
And reminder from this morning’s update
- RESPECT THE BARRICADES – barricades will be put up on trail heads. DO NOT just walk around them. Resources are stretched & they need the publics assistance, not only for dealing with this situation, but to also minimize future risk and to keep everyone safe.
Photo’s are from Whiteshell Parks Specialist – Joanne Podolchuk – as she went up to view the area. Joanne has been WCA’s primary contact for fire news and has been wonderful!