Posted on: June 17, 2019 | MPPCOA News
On Saturday, June 8th, the MPPCOA Chairperson’s Cottage Owners Association hosted the 3rd Annual General Meeting in the Hecla Island Historic Village. The AGM which took place at the Hecla Historic Village Hall started with a lunch for arriving MPPCOA members. During the AGM, members spouses received a guided tour of the historical sites in Hecla Historic Village by Maxine Ingalls, a second generation Hecla Island resident.
A photo of attending MPPCOA members is shown below.
A pot luck dinner hosted for MPPCOA reps and spouses, local Hecla Historic Village COA Board of Directors members and spouses; and, local cottage owners (see dinner photo) after which out-of-town MPPCOA visitors retired to their billets cottages.
A Sunday morning brunch hosted by Glenn Paulson (HHVCOA Director) ended the AGM weekend
Highlights of the AGM were:
1) Election to Vice Chair, MPPCOA, Brian Gudmundson (Long Lake COA)
Re-Election to Secretary, MPPCOA Nichola Wigle, (Moose Lake COA)
2) Decision to establish a MPPCOA website asap preferably created by a knowledgeable MPPCOA cottager volunteer. MPPCOA members to advertise this opportunity to its member community.
3) Approved a change to MPPCOA Constitution Article 3.07 to allow Associate membership status to cottage owners of COA’s not members of MPPCOA.
4) Next MPPCOA joint initiative with Parks could be the review and finalization of the Cottagers Handbook. Dean to talk with Scott Nichols and suggest a joint consultation including one MPPCOA representative from each COA selected by each respective COA.
4) Next MPPCOA Executive Council meeting planned for Wednesday, September 18th…location tbd.