Manitoba Parks provided the following update this afternoon following yesterday’s heavy rains.
Here’s the update for the Whiteshell rain event that occurred on July 19, 2022.
- All lake levels in the Whiteshell have risen with recent rainfall. Manitoba Parks staff are working in conjunction with staff from the department of Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure (MTI) to monitor lake levels and adjust control structures where possible.
- PR312 has reopened after a culvert washout.
- Underpass leading to Hwy 1 at Falcon Lake, continues to be closed due to flood water.
- MTI is repairing the shoulders on Hwy 44, 1.7 km’s south of PR312. Please use caution, follow all signs, drive slowly, and drive to conditions when coming up to or passing road work crews.
- Crescent and Miller beaches in West Hawk have sustained damage from significant water runoff, however they are open for use.
- Marsh Trail (between Falcon Lake Marina and Beach Campground), TransCanada Trail from Howe Bay to the quarry and TransCanada Trail between Faloma and the Whiteshell Community Club are closed due to flooding/washouts. Park users should exercise caution on all trails as conditions continue to change with water run off.
- Some campgrounds may be effected by recent rainfall, Park staff continue to assess effected areas.
- Park Users can call the Local District Offices – Falcon Lake (204-349-2201) and Rennie (204-369-3153) for any questions or concerns.
- Park staff are starting to repair areas that have been impacted.
Manitoba Parks will provide the next update on Friday