Posted on: July 14, 2021 | Safety Alerts
The Department of Conservation and Climate has announced that due to the continued high to extreme fire danger levels across the province, additional fire and travel restrictions are being implemented province wide, effective Wednesday July 14, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
Campfires are not permitted any time in the Whiteshell (full fire ban in effect).
The following travel restrictions are in place in all provincial parks:
- Several trails and water routes are closed in areas with extreme wildfire danger or those that have limited access points. See full list of trail and water route closures here.
- Motorized backcountry travel requires an approved travel permit. Additional travel restrictions may exist in areas with extreme wildfire danger. See provincial restrictions here for full travel restriction details or contact the local Conservation and Climate office for more information.
- No backcountry camping permitted. Front-country campgrounds, beaches and picnic areas remain open.
- Landing and launching of watercraft restricted to developed shorelines only (docks and shoreline improvements made to safely secure aircraft and boats). No portaging or watercraft travel beyond front-country lakes.
- Remote cottage access under approved travel permit only issued at the discretion of the local Conservation Officer.
- Industry, lodges and outfitters should contact their local Conservation and Climate office for more information.
- Fireworks and sky lanterns are prohibited at all times in provincial parks.
- Wildfires across Manitoba, Saskatchewan and northwest Ontario will continue to bring smoke into all parts of the province until conditions improve. This will be dependent on wind direction. Air quality reports are available on the Environment Canada website.
These restrictions will remain in place until further notice. Additional restrictions may be implemented if dry conditions continue.
- Manitoba Wildfire Information – Bulletins, Fire Updates and emergency preparedness information
- FireView – Interactive map of current wildfire activity in Manitoba
- Manitoba Wildfire Service
- Wildfire Safety – Fire & Travel Restrictions Brochure
- Woodland Caribou Provincial Park (Ontario)
- Ontario Forest Fire Information
Get the latest at https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/parks/fire_restriction.html