Posted on: August 29, 2016 | General News
Manitoba Sustainable Development advises that all cottage roads in the south Whiteshell are accessible at this time and staff continue to make temporary repairs on all block roads.
Water Levels and Boating Restrictions:
Water level information on lakes in the area can be accessed at the following link: http://www.gov.mb.ca/mit/floodinfo/floodoutlook/lakes_information.html#lake_levels
- Real time hydrometric data for Caddy Lake, West Hawk Lake and Falcon Lake can be found at the following link: https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/google_map/google_map_e.html?searchBy=p&province=MB&doSearch=Go
- SD continues to work with Manitoba Infrastructure (MI) to monitor the lake levels and control structures.
- Water levels in the south Whiteshell have dropped to near normal levels therefore the boating restrictions on Caddy Lake, Star Lake, West Hawk Lake and Falcon Lake have been rescinded.
- McGillivray Falls Hiking Trail and Bear Lake Hiking Trail remain closed as of June 28, 2016.
- Travel along the South Whiteshell Trans-Canada Trail is limited. Be advised to travel with caution as staff and equipment may be on the trail.
- There is no travel from South Cross Lake to Sailing Lake (which includes the North Cross tunnel).
If you have any further questions or require additional information please contact the Falcon District Office
Monday – Friday between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM at 1-204-349-2201.